Concerts, Workshops, Lecture/Demonstrations & Presentations:
Featured on the “New Sound Worlds” Series
A Special Program of Intercultural Composition & Performance with prominent South Korean composers and guest artists:
- Myungwon Yoon (Dankook University)
- Inpyong Chun (Chungang University)
- HyunJung Ahn (Ewha Womans University)
- HyeRan Kim (Ewha Womans University)
- Jiyeon Jeon (Ewha Womans University)
- Yeajin Lee (Seoul National University)
- Jinseob Shim (Dankook University)
- Eunah Noh (Seoul Institute of the Arts)—Haegum Player
- Sumi Kim (Seoul National University)—Pansori Singer
- Kyoungsun Cho (Seoul National University of Education)—Geomungo Player
Concerts & Workshops
Premieres and performances of at least 70-80 works by symposium participants
“Performers Showcase” Concert Series—
Five concerts featuring OBFCS Guest Artists.
Each concert is curated and performed by a guest artist or ensemble, and features both solo and chamber music.
“New Sound Worlds” Concert Series—
Concerts of music by symposium participants featuring the American Creators Ensemble (ACE, the OBFCS Resident Ensemble), Sound of Late (new music ensemble), the Society for New Korean Music, guest artists, and vocalists from the OBFCS Vocal Fellows Ensemble.
“Wild Nights Café” Concert Series—
Late-night concerts (beginning at 9:30 or 10:00 pm) featuring music by symposium participants, including a concert on the final night featuring the OBFCS Balinese Gamelan playing music composed by symposium participants.